Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sigh of Relief

On Friday, in my Freshman Experience class, we took the day off to work on choosing our schedule and classes for next semester. To be honest, I was really glad that we were not really doing any work because I'm tired of all the classwork and homework. Not to mention that we just finished an essay for the class. Anyway, while I was completing my list of classes that I was going to take, Professor Barry explained to us that this was a big step for all freshman. I really wasn't focusing on what she was saying because it seems like all professors have the same thing to say. Now that I'm sitting in my room thinking about what I want to do for the rest of my time in college, I think she was right. Choosing classes for our second semester of college was a huge step. So far I've seen a couple of people drop out and it was somewhat scary and motivating for me. I've also seen a lot of people skip classes which causes their grades to drastically fall down to D's and F's. Some of these people happen to be some of my close friends. I had to separate myself from some of my friends just because I didn't want their bad habits to rub off on me. Every week, I call my parents just to bet words of wisdom and encouragement from them, especially during or after a tough week of college. They always remind me that I worked too hard all of my life to be just an average guy or a failure, and I agree with them. So watching all of these people do bad in school kind of makes me proud of myself. I took the time to get up and go to every class, attempt every homework assignment, and even did extra credit work whenever the opportunity was given to me. I can actually say that I have worked hard for everything so far in college and what I get is what I deserve. So Professor Barry was absolutely correct, choosing classes for second semester of freshman year in college is a big step. If a college student can make it through the first year of college, they are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment