Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Football Experience So Far

Since my senior year high school football season ended, I have been so anxious to start playing football again. I was getting ready to make my choice where I was going to play football and go to school. My top five schools were Baylor, Texas A&M, University of Incarnate Word, Trinity, and Texas Lutheran University. I didn't get offered a scholarship from any of the Division 1 schools, but I wasn't going to let that determine if I played ball or not. I was still getting heavily recruited by the other three schools. I visited all the schools around the same time and I liked all of them, but some of the schools had their own bad flaws. Trinity University cost almost $50,000 to attend there and I can't afford that even with financial aid. University of Incarnate Word wasn't the that far from being the worst teams in there conference. Texas Lutheran was a small a school, but from what I heard from a lot of people was that they were on a come up. I decided to go to Teas Lutheran because I felt at home on my visit. I felt like I was already part of the team even though  I was still in high school.
After going through the candidate process, I was accepted and getting ready for 2-a-days. August 10th is when all the football players had to report for camp. It was a tough two weeks of practice because all we did from 6:30 a.m until 8:30 p.m was eat, sleep, and football. I had great days some practice and bad days other. Even though  I had a couple of bad days,  I was consistent. My problem was there is a returning starter in front of me on the depth chart so I decided to play on the Junior Varsity team so I can actually get some reps. Today was our first game against Sul Ross, and I played a great game. I had two receptions for 50 plus yards and two touchdowns. As a team, everybody played together and we won 37-6. Everybody had a great time and we walked out of their stadium with a win. My football experience has been really good so far. I hope it continues at this pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment