Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hardest Week of College

So far, college hasn't been as tough as everybody tried to tell me it was. Teachers, family members, and other adults always warned me about how hard college would be and how much work professors give. After this first few weeks, I questioned if college was a challenge or not. I should have believed the people who warned me. This week has been one of the hardest weeks of school in my life. i have never had so much work to do and test to prepare for. Schoolwork isn't the only thing that is consuming my time, football is also getting tougher. Due to my hard work on the football field, I was moved up to play on the Varsity squad. It is a great accomplishment for me because many other people would love to be in that position, but it is a lot more work than just playing on JV. There's more contact, studying, and repetition to it. Working harder in practices is exhausting, which leaves me too tired to even try to complete homework, or study for test. The week I get moved up is the week all of my professors give tough homework and tests. I caught myself going to bed at 2 in the morning trying to study for test and waking up too tired to want to go to class. This week was the first time that I missed a class due to not waking up. Actually, it was the first class that I missed since I started college. I also took my first test this week, but I have a lot more next week. Not only do I have a lot of homework, but there has been many distractions attempting to stop me from at least trying to complete them. Everybody that I know on campus went to different parties and I had to swallow my pride by staying in my dorm to finish homework. It was a smart decision on my part and I feel myself maturing as a person. In high school, I didn't prioritize a lot, but it's very important that I do in college if I want to be successful. Even though there are many distractions and lots of homework, I plan to use my time wisely and finish it all. After all, it was my decision to become a college student.

No comments:

Post a Comment