Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time Management Issues

I was on the phone with my father this weekend and the first thing he asked me was "how is college?" It was a simple question, but then again, such a complex question. Many ways to answer that question came to my head and it seemed like I could have answered the it any different way. The first thing I told him though was that college is easy, it depends on how much time the student puts into their school work. He agreed with me and we continued are conversation. After talking with my father that evening, I thought about all the homework that I need to complete by next week. It seems like it really piled up on me. Then I thought of what I said to my father, college depends on how much time the student puts into their school work. It doesn't matter how smart that student was in high school or how high their test scores are. If they are lazy with their school work, then they are bound to be horrible college student. I wasn't the greatest high school student, but I did have a good GPA and good SAT test scores. The difference is that college won't be handed out to us as students, unfortunately. All these thoughts ran through my mind in less than a minute. You can say I was thinking critically, haha. Anyway, I have noticed that I have been procrastinating a lot in these past weeks. Maybe it's because I'm waking up early for school, practicing and playing football, and doing homework late nights. Not getting enough sleep is taking a toll on me. If I could, probably would take a 5 hour nap. I catch taking naps between classes and waiting until the last minute to do homework just like high school. I wish I could get rid of these horrible habits for a student. Honestly though, I think noticing that I have a problem is the first step to fixing it so hopefully this particular blog post helps me realize I need to work harder. It is a must that I make my family proud so I have to get rid of these bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment