Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stressed Out

Since school started, college has had it's ups and downs. Sometimes I have a great day and it makes me proud of myself. Other times, I have a horrible day and I feel sorry for myself. Unfortunately for me, I felt like that for this whole week. On Monday, grade reports came out and I was excited because I felt like I have been working hard and excelling in all of my classes. But when I opened up the website, I saw that out of my six classes, I had three A's, two C's, and a D. Those grades were upsetting. Even though I wasn't happy with my grades, I plan to use them as motivation to work harder. Since my grades weren't up where I wanted them, I had to really work hard this week to attempt to pull them up. The bad thing was that this week was the hardest week I've had based on how much work I had to do. I had a midterm test in Freshman Experience, a test in Contemporary Wellness, and a huge essay due for English Composition all due on Wednesday. Studying for the Frex midterm kept me up all night for the two nights I had before the week. I also spent a lot of time studying for my Contemporary Wellness test. Each day, I was going off of at most five hours of sleep. The only positive that I had was that I have been on track with my essay since the class started it and I had it completed before the it was due. On that Wednesday, I took my two test and turned in my essay. The midterm in Frex was frustrating because I put a lot of pressure on myself to do good. That's is the class that I have a D in and I am striving to pull it up to at least a B. I hope that I did well on that test. The Wellness test was really easy for me due to all of the studying that I did to prepare for it. I was one of the first to finish. Last, I turned in my essay and I felt accomplished that I got through this week. As soon as I started to feel relaxed, we lose our football game to McMurry 60 to 16. It was the worst margin that I have ever lost by since I started playing football. It was a depressing game so now the focus next week will be all football. I'm not ready to have another stressful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment