Sunday, October 23, 2011

Feeling Responsible

Last weekend, the TLU Bulldogs football team played McMurry War Eagles. We lost big. To be exact, we lost 60-16 at our home stadium. Since we lost this game, we were knocked out of the playoff talk. That really disappointed us since that was our major goal when the season started. Also, that was our biggest lost of out season. Since we couldn't qualify for the playoffs anymore, we decided that we would beat every team left on our schedule no matter what. This weekend we had Hardin Simmons on our schedule and we knew that we need to bounce back after the huge lost. I made it my mission that I would do whatever I had to in practice and in the game this weekend to make sure we had a chance of winning. Turns out that I would be starting this weekend because our starting Tight End was hurt due to a sprained ankle. It would have been my first start as a college football player and I was really anxious when I heard this news. Our first practice to prepare for our game against Hardin Simmons was on Tuesday. Everybody was practicing hard that day and that was a good sign that we were going to have a good week of practice and even a better game against Hardin Simmons. Unfortunately though, in the middle of the practice, I took a wrong step and heard something in my hip pop. It sounded bad and I struggled walking, but I tried to ignore it and practice anyway. The coaches saw me limping up and down the field and told me to sit out for the rest of the day. After practice, I got checked up by the medical trainers and found out that I had a hip pointer and was out for the rest of the week. It was such bad news for me because that means I won't get to start anymore. Since I couldn't play, the coaches had to change up their personnel. Come Saturday, game day, the team traveled to Abilene, Texas while I stayed in my dorm room. We ended up losing 67-17 which to me, was worse than the lose last week. I was disappointed because I felt if I would have played, it possibly would have been a closer game. i hope to never get injured again.

No comments:

Post a Comment