Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Back Home

Since August 10th, the first day that the football players were to report back home, I have never been back home. It's not like distance is a problem, I live in Houston and that's only a 2 hour drive on a good day. I guess I've just been too busy with football and schoolwork. A lot of my friends and people in my residence hall have been back to Houston, multiple times. It was kind of depressing that I haven't been back and I really missed my family and friends. Since this was football bye week, I knew that this weekend was the weekend that I would be able to go home and see my loved ones. I found a ride back on Thursday, packed my bags, and headed out on Friday after I was done with my classes. When I got back in town, I was greeted by my girlfriend and it felt special. Besides my family, she was the one I missed the most. I went to eat dinner with her and friends at Cheddar's restaurant. I was greeted with open arms and it was a warm feeling. I decided to spend the night with some friends and not go home until Saturday morning.  On Saturday, I showed up unannounced at my house and surprised my mother and my brother. My mom was so happy to see me, I guess it's because I am a mommy's boy. I got acquainted in my old room and took a nap on my old bed. That evening, I went to watch my high school play their homecoming game against one of our rivals. We won 27 to 7 and improved our record to 5-1. It's cool knowing that my high school is one of the best teams in Houston. My weekend was great, but what annoyed me the most was the weather. It rained all weekend long and it flooded in some areas. It honestly looked like a hurricane was striking Houston and that frustrated me because I felt like I was limited in what I wanted to do. Sunday, I went shopping and got some things essential for college. After that, I made my way back to TLU. I was happy that I finally went home, but I realized that I have a lot of homework due next week. This is going to be a longer weekend than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment